As many of you know, I spent the past four months or so writing my second fantasy novel, Riffed “A play for keeps.” Now, I was the vessel to bring this story to life so I’m biased, but I am truly proud of this book. She’s a beaut, y’all. She’s like “The Spy Who Shagged Me” to “Austin Powers – International Man of Mystery.”
Remember how you felt when the “Spy Who Shagged Me” came out? You thought, “here we go again, another sequel that won’t even come close to being as original as the first,” and then Mike Myers brought us Fat Bastard (!!) + Mini-Me + Heather Graham as the sexy sidekick and you were like, “Well played, Mike! That was truly better than the first.”
That’s how I see my second book y’all. If you liked the first, here’s what you can expect from the second:
- The same descriptive Bosch with even more magical locations
- Fun new characters (like a sassy dragon!)
- More airtime given to some fun minor characters from Raindropt, like Deidrana the witch, Buc the gargoyle, and Calliope the succubus
If you hated the first, I still think you’ll enjoy this one, for the following reasons:
- I’ve been working to improve my craft since busting out my first novel back in March by doing the following:
- I listen to reader feedback, implement it, and evolve
- I listen to writer podcasts for advice
- I’ve been reading loads of books and working to fix things like sentence structure, character development, etc
- It’s cross-genre – it’s like a fantasy/ thriller/ romance/ mystery. Not just for fantasy lovers!
All in all, I continue to get excited about this series and all that I have in store for Leah. Writing this book was a fun, fascinating, gratifying, liberating, personal developmentaling (what? I’m a writer, I say it’s a word therefore it is) experience. One of my test readers said this book was “light years ahead of the first,” and I couldn’t agree more.
I cannot wait for you all to meet Riffed “A play for keeps,” available for pre-order on Amazon now. It will be released on both Amazon and iTunes on August 4, and it will be in paperback soon after for purchase on Amazon. I’ll keep y’all posted.
2 thoughts on “What you can expect from book 2”
Congrats Deena! I’m so glad you’re feeling confident about your sequel. Can’t wait to read it!
Thanks lady! Couldn’t have done it without you!
LikeLiked by 1 person